Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010

Today is the final day of the first month of 2010. I have not been swallowed up by aliens. We have just had an entirely difficult month.

My Uncle Calbert passed away on Skylar's birthday, Dec 28. That gave us a week of family and mourning for the passing of my beloved Uncle Calbert. I am so going to miss him! It will not ever be the same. I'll never be able to tell the kids to load up into the car because we are going to Uncle Calbert and Aunt Hazel's farmhouse. It will only be Aunt Hazel's. I love my aunt, too. It just won't be the same.

For most of the month of December, my father in law, Howard, was ill. We were taking him to the doctor's office on a weekly basis, but none of the medication seemed to help. He was admitted to the hospital on December 30, the day before my Uncle Calbert's funeral.

On January 4, Howard was diagnosed with lung cancer. A PET scan was ordered for January 5. The PET scan did not reveal any good news. In fact, it revealed the worst news possible. The cancer had spread to virtually every bone in his body and his liver.

He came home with Hospice on January 7. We had to transport him to the local Hospice House on January 10. He entered Heaven's Gates on January 11, at 5 am. Tommy, his sister Lori, and myself were with him when he passed.

Tommy has had a very hard time dealing with the loss of his dad. My children are coping as best they can. Skylar is mad at the world and Alex is having behaviour problems at school. I am trying to keep everyone focused on getting through each and every day.

Friday, January 29. One of Skylar's childhood friends earned his angel wings. Ty had battled brain cancer for 7 years. He was brave, strong and a fighter until the very end. He was 16 years old; only 2 months older than Skylar. They were the 4 Musketeers: Audrey, Ashley, Skylar and Ty. You couldn't see one with out the others.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY!! I am so sorry your family has endured such pain in such a short time. I pray GOD will comfort and strengthen each of you, especially the kids.
    Blessings, love, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete