Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello Again

Wow. It's been a really long time since I have posted anything. So much has happened. My father in law passed away. My dad passed away. (within 6 months of each other!) My mom moved in with us. My cousin moved in with us. (She has now moved out to live with her boyfriend and to begin college.)

The biggest thing to hit us now is that my mom has started dialysis. She began last week and it has been a rollercoaster ride that is for sure! She was working all the way until last Tuesday, the day before she was admitted to the hospital to begin dialysis. She came home yesterday after a harrowing day with her sugar levels. I hope that she had a good night's sleep in her own bed last night.

Our next challenge, besides her on-going dialysis, is financial. My mom was working full time, and I am working full time. Tommy still has not been able to find a job. He has applied for the county detention center and has been going thru their application/interview process. It is looking like I will need to get a 2nd job to replace the lost income. No big deal. I have done it before and can do it again, if I can find anything parttime.

We are going into the unknown territory of dialysis and not sure what Mom's new insurance will cover as far as her medications. That is really scary right now. Her meds alone are over $500 per month with insurance.

Help me pray to trust that God will provide for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment