Monday, March 16, 2009

The Teenage Years

My little girl, who is now 15, thinks that she is now an adult. Oh, how wrong she is! She has so much more to learn before she graduates high school, and not just academically. She needs to learn that yes, her dad and I were teens once ourselves. We didn't just hatch into adults overnight. It is a growing process that takes time and patience, on everyone's part.

I just hope that she learns all that she can before she goes off into the world on her own. I don't want to think of her going out to find her own way uninformed in the ways of reality. She needs to know how to handle any situation that she finds herself in and still know that she can call on us at anytime.

I can't help but wonder if I've really set a good example for her to follow. I know that I've not always been the best mom in the world, but I have tried my best. Will she see that? I hope so!


My Little Girl Video

No comments:

Post a Comment