Sunday, February 7, 2010

Granny Hughes

My Dear Granny,

Oh how I miss you! I have really needed your guidance for my life! I believe that I've really made a mess of some things, but I think that I am finally getting most of them straightened out. I really hope that I am, anyway.

Skylar is 16 years old now. She has turned out to be a beautiful young lady. She is already taller than I am. She really loves to play sports and be competitive. Why, I bet that she could climb to the very top of that old black cherry tree in your front yard! I keep the picture of you holding her by my bed.

My little Alex is 7 years old now. He is such a handful! I really wish that you could be here to watch him grow up. He loves all animals and every bug that comes upon. He would really have love to grow up on your farm. I named him after Uncle John. I know that you would like that.

Tommy and I finally got married about 10 years ago. We have made many mistakes along the way, but I think we may be on the right path. He has finally started to go to church with me sometimes. I've wandered away from the flock, but am slowly making my way back. I'm ashamed of that and know that you would not be proud of that either. Tommy is a good dad to Skylar and Alex. He is a way better dad than mine ever was. He is working on his temper and the extent of his patience.

I miss your Godly wisdom and guidance so much! I find myself sitting by your final resting place on many occasions. Oh, what I would give to have even one more day with you!!!

I love you. I miss you. I can't wait to see you waiting for me at those Pearly Gates. I long to stroll down those streets of gold with you and Papa.

Granny, keep your arm around me and your hand over my mouth.

Until we are together again, I'll keep on keeping on.....

2 comments:

  1. Your Granny Hughes would be very proud of you. Wipe the tears of disappointment from your heart, b/c she would want you to rejoice in your accomplishments. She would likely say to you: "You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you." Phil. 4:16 We all stumble and crawl and your Granny lived long enough to know that...I know she wanted what was best for you, but rest assured my dear....she is rejoicing in the good, praising GOD for all you have become, and residing in your heart...never to leave you! Keep your focus on HIM who loves you more than anyone else and HE will most certainly continue to grow you into the person HE created you to be.

    Remember: We are all a work in progress. We just keep putting one foot in front of the other towards those pearly gates.

    Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss mother hughes too!

    ReplyDelete